Monday, March 19, 2007

I hate my job (yeah, that's original).

It's not my co-workers - they're actually pretty cool (although some of them have asshole moments - to the point that they are abusing the privelage). It's not even my boss - although I understand that they hired her into the position solely for crowd control.

It's more her bosses, and the other departments I have a serious problem with. The more than half of an entire department who are there to pick up a paycheck. Two entire shifts who don't do anything until the very end of their shifts to make everything look like they've been hard at work for the last 8 hours (and screw up daytime shift in other departments when we get the sudden influx of work while nothing has been coming in in the afternoon shifts).

Of course I've been mulling this over for a long time, but it really hit home recently when I caught a look at the incentive program report; every department was marked off for either things they weren't implementing, or didn't have a plan for. Our department? We're absolutely clean. Perfect score. But we get an overall 65% because of nursing and administration.

Recently, we had a company dinner, where every property had nominated an 'employee of the year' for each department. Except our department. We get paid the least, given the least recognition, and yet more is demanded.

In retrospect, one of the other nursing staff was there, and told us what had happened at the party. The other companies at least called their employee's of the year out for recognition. Ours didn't. She felt like a fool, being invited for the food.

Whenever I get the hell out of here, I'm not giving notice. These people don't deserve two weeks of my time.

No comments: